Celebrity Ink - David Beckham

Guardian Angel upper centre back.
Winged crucifix on back of neck.
Jesus on lower right ribs taken from the painting The Man Of Sorrows by Matthew R Brooks.
Angel on right shoulder with text, "in the face of adversity" - a memorial to his grandfather.
Sons names, Romeo, Cruz and Brooklyn on back.
VII Roman numerals for the number 7 jersey he wore at Man. United.
"Victoria" on inner left forearm in Hindi.
Left forearm comprising 10 roses, an image of wife, Victoria as a topless angel surrounded by stars.
“Ut Amem Et Foveam” which translates to “so that I love and cherish on inner left forearm
"Pray for me" on right inner wrist
Left upper arm, Renaissance image of a Cupid carrying his wife Psyche to Heaven.
Full sleeve on right arm, religiously themed featuring cherubs, crucifix, a Templar Knight clouds, number 23 (LA Galaxy jersey number).
"Let them hate as long as they fear" on right outer forearm.
Chinese proverb on ribs, translating to "Death and life have determined appointments. Riches and honour depend upon heaven."
Hebrew quote from the Song of Solomon 6.3 "I am my love’s and my love is mine, who browses among the lilies" on left forearm.
Latin phrase on left forearm "Perfectio in Spiritu" meaning "spiritual perfection."
Hebrew phrase, "My son, do not forget my teaching but keep my commands in your heart." on left arm.


"I think everybody's got a way of expressing their feelings, and mine is through my tattoos."

"The idea to get tattooed came to me a little while after Brooklyn was born. I was talking to Mel B and her then-husband, Jimmy Gulzar, and the subject of tattoos came up. I ended up going to this Dutch guy who'd done all of Jimmy's. I'd finally realized what I wanted a tattoo to represent. Mine are all about the people in my life, my wife and sons, who I want with me always. When you see me, you see the tattoos. You see an expression of how I feel about Victoria and the boys. They're part of me." 

"I don't plan on having a tattoo, it's just sometimes I wake up and I think, you know, I've got an idea of an image I would like on me.


"Some people love tattoos, some people don't. It's just something that I have always found can kind of express how I'm feeling, or the thoughts that I have or memories...most of my tattoos are memories and things that mean things to me...there's not one tattoo that I've got on me that doesn't mean something."











Most of David Beckham's work done by Louis Malloy most recent chest piece by Matt Mahoney.