Celebrity Ink - Angelina Jolie

Kanji for "courage" matching ex-husband Johnny Lee Miller on inner left forearm(lasered off).
Tennesee Williams quote,"a prayer for the wild at heart kept in cages" on inner left forearm.
Chinese dragon with "Billy Bob" for ex-husband Billy Bob Thornton (lasered off).
Latitude and longitude co-ordinates for her 6 children and partner Brad Pitt on upper left arm.
"know your rights" (the name of a song by The Clash) at nape of neck in gothic script.
Kanji for "death" on upper left shoulder (lasered off).
Buddhist Pali incantation in Khmer for adopted Cambodian son Maddox "May your enemies run far away from you. If you acquire riches, may they remain yours always. Your beauty will be that of Apsara. Wherever you may go, many will attend, serve and protect you, surrounding you on all sides." done by Thai artist Sompong Kanphai.
Arabic  script reading "strength of will" on inner right forearm.
Latin quote "Quod me nutrit me destruit", meaning "What nourishes me also destroys me" on lower abdomen.
Dragon on lower left abdomen, covered up with a solid black cross.
Tribal wings on lower back.
Tribal dragon tattoo on lower back covered up with traditional Bengal tiger also done by Sompong Kanphai in celebration of her Cambodian citizenship.
Roman numeral XIII (to note her lack of superstition) to which she later added V MCMXL, the date of a speech by Winston Churchill "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat"
Runic letter "H" for brother James Haven and ex-boyfriend Timothy Hutton.
Letter "M" on heel of right palm for late mother Marcheline Bertrand.
Swirls added to Roman numeral and lat-longitude tattoos.
Tattoo on right inner thigh only confirmed as a being a tattoo for partner Brad Pitt. Speculated thus far to say "Whiskey Bravo" the phonetic spelling for Brad's initials, William Bradley. 


"Death could come at any time", Angelina Jolie says. The tattoo is a strong reminder to live fully in the moment and never have regrets." (About her first tattoo of the Japanese Kanji for Death) "I didn't get the tattoo for the dark reason everyone thinks."


"Usually all my tattoos came at good times. A tattoo is something permanent when you've made a self-discovery, or something you've come to a conclusion about."


Jolie says her tiger tattoo is a favorite of her kids.  "They talk to it all the time.  They like to say hi to it and paint it with fingerpaints.  It's like a little friend."


"I dropped my pants in a tattoo parlor in Amsterdam. I woke up in a waterbed with this funky-looking dragon with a blue tongue on my hip. I realized I made a mistake, so a few months later I got a cross to cover it. When my pants hang low, it looks like I'm wearing a dagger!"












Sources: Mario Testino, Vogue March '04, Jan '07, Marie Claire Oct '10, Vanity Fair Jan '11, Reuters, Trish Talk